“My love for both fitness and my surrounding community makes helping each student reach their ultimate fitness goals extremely rewarding. There is nothing better than seeing the feeling of accomplishment through a huge smile across my clients face.”
Keary Ann Bixby PMA®CPT, founder of two Los Angeles based health and wellness businesses, has been involved in health and fitness since an early age. Playing basketball and running track throughout her youth, Keary’s love for conditioning the body followed her to Los Angeles where in 2003 she began her path as a Pilates instructor. She completed Retrofit Pilates Rx™ teacher training course in 2004 and became a certified Pilates instructor through Pilates Method Alliance in 2008. She has attended countless workshops and trainings taught by her many role models including Marie Jose' Blom, Rael Isacowitz, Brent Anderson, Karen Clippinger, Lolita San Miguel, and Jillian Hessel. In 2012 she completed over 200 hours of Theraputics, Chakra, and Graduate Modules through Mukti Yoga School to enhance her knowledge of ancient texts, philosophy, yoga therapies, and strategies for living a yogic lifestyle.
Her entrepreneurial spirit found her opening Playa Pilates in 2004 and eventually a Yoga studio in 2010. Both companies allowed Keary to combine her passion for business, teaching and wellness by sharing her knowledge with her clients on a daily basis. “My love for both fitness and my surrounding community makes helping each student reach their ultimate fitness goals extremely rewarding. There is nothing better than seeing the feeling of accomplishment through a huge smile across my clients face.”
She currently enjoys running Playa Pilates including the daily interaction with clientele and staff alongside of teaching workshops and trainings throughout the year.
- Presenter for the Mirman School's Women in Math and Science celebration since 2009.
- Senior Advisor for Pilates Education Institute.
- Presented at the South Bay Yoga Conference in 2013.
- PMA® Certified Pilates Instructor in 2008.
- Created Playa Pilates Comprehensive 450-hr Teacher Training in 2014.
- Completed 200+ hours Therapeutic, Chakra, and Graduate hours through Mukti Yoga School.
- Participates in the FFP (Fostering Future Professionals) program through Pilates Method Alliance
- Retrofit Pilates Rx™ teacher training course in 2004
- Creator of Power in the Park yoga for charity events.